This is a delicious Indian dish with distinct flavour of almonds.These nuts are packed with vitamin E, manganese, magnesium, fiber, and protein. They are associated with a number of health benefits including lowering of LDL cholesterol, regulating blood pressure, and preventing osteoporosis.
300 grams chicken (clean, diced to medium size)
25 pieces of almonds (chopped)
1/2 cup fat free yogurt
1 large onion ( finely chopped)
1 tablespoon ghee
1/2 teaspoon garlic paste
1/2 teaspoon ginger paste
1/4 tablespoon ground coriander
1/3 tablespoon ground cumin
1/4 teaspoon ground fennel
1/4 teaspoon chilli powder, (optional)
1 tablespoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 cup fresly chopped coriander or mint leaves
1/4 teaspoon sprinkle garam masala
- To prepare the marinade, combine the yogurt, salt, and black pepper in a bowl. Add the chicken pieces to the marinade bowl and mix them well. Cover it and refrigerate for at least 1 hours.
- Heat the ghee in a large saucepan.
- Add the chopped onion, garlic and ginger paste to the pan and fry on low heat, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes.
- Add the coriander, cumin, fennel, salt and chilli powder to the paste and fry for 1-2 minutes more. Keep stirring, ensuring that the mixture does not stick to the pan.
- Meanwhile fry the chopped almonds until golden. Grind the almonds.
- Put the marinated chicken pieces into the gravy and stir for 10 minutes, so that each pieces is coated with the mixture.
- Add ground almonds, garam masala powder and mix it well.
- Cover the pan and cook on very low heat for 30 minutes or until chicken is tender.
- Once the dish is ready, sprinkle chopped coriander and serve hot.
• Total Fat: 31.6g
• Saturated Fat: 7.5g
• Cholesterol: 257
• Total Carbohydrate: 27.8g (Sugars: 16.1g)
• Fibre: 8.4g
• Protein: 106.5g
• Sodium: 331mg
• Calcium: 401mg