When it comes to healthy desserts, there are very few recipes come into our mind. Oatmeal and chocolate chip cookies are one of them.
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup oats
- 1/4 cup flaxseed, finely ground in a spice grinder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 12 tablespoons unsalted softened butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Prepare 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Take a large bowl and whisk the flour with oats, flaxseed, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Mix the butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar in another bowl and cook it on medium-high speed for about 4 minutes.
Beat in the eggs, followed by vanilla. Reduce the mixer speed to low. Add the flour mixture to it and keep beating for a couple of minutes. Add the chocolate chips.
Place small portions of the dough onto the prepared baking sheets. Make sure they are 2 inches apart. Bake until golden brown for 10 to 12 minutes. Give them resting time and serve.
• Protein: 1g
• Total Carbohydrate: 10g (Sugars: 7g)
• Total Fat: 4.5g
• Saturated Fat: 4.3g
• Cholesterol: 11mg
• Fiber: 0.2g
• Sodium: 50mg
• Calcium: 6mg